Alentejo Global Invest
Object: The main objective of the AGI project is to increase foreign investment in Alentejo region, in an integrated manner with the main regional partners based on the main infrastructures in the region and in their key R & D and business sectors.
- Promote internationally the equipment and resources associated with the Alentejo region (Natural and productive resources associated with Tourism, the Port of Sines, Alqueva / hydroelectric plants, Beja Airport, Business Reception Areas and other business location spaces, the PCTA and other SRTT / RRCTA equipment) and attract foreign direct investment to the region;
- Increase international collective recognition of Alentejo’s strategic sectors (in line with areas of intelligent specialization);
- Structure and organize in an articulated way the support to the external investor in the territory;
- Create decision support tools for investors in the region;
- Identify and study the regional impact of international trade agreements being implemented, notably the TTIP and the Digital Single Market for Europe;
- Strengthen capacity building at the level of existing infrastructures and resources with a view to promoting their attractiveness;
- Strengthen the internationalization of research and knowledge centers in the region, promoting their integration into international projects (eg Horizon 2020), thereby attracting European investment and foreign partners to the region.
Term: 1/10/2016 to 30/09/2018